Op 4/01/2011 6:18, Dave Shevett schreef:
> 1) I create PdfContentByte 'cb' on a Document
This is not consistent with the way I interpret your requirement.
I assumed that you were talking about an EXISTING FORM.
Now I see that you create PdfContentByte on a Document object.
This is strange for two reasons:
- Document is only used when you create a PDF from scratch;
- if you create a PDF from scratch, you get a PdfContentByte from a
PdfWriter object, not from a Document object.
> 2) Using lines like this, I place 'badge rows' (br) where i want them:
I don't understand why you are using this approach.
Why aren't you using a real interactive form?
Why are you using cb.showTextAligned(), it's easier to use
ct.showTextAligned().
> If this code executes, all OTHER fields on the document disappear, and I
> end up with just a few characters of the field, with the X through it,
> and nothing else on the document.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
Hard to tell: you only provide part of the code, NOT the code that matters.
Please write a small example that we can run in standalone mode.
Also show us the original PDF: is it a form?
You are using PdfStamper, aren't you? If not: please read the documentation.