Dear all,
we're happy to announce a new iText® release and a new release of iText®
XML Worker 1.0.0

iText 5.1.1: https://sourceforge.net/projects/itext/

We're releasing iText 5.1.1 about one month after the 5.1.0 because we've
introduced some functionality that was needed in XML Worker 1.0.0: for
instance the introduction of high level interfaces (Indentable, Spaceable)
and the introduction of a WritableDirectElement class.
We've changed the logging that was introduced in 5.1.0 so that it works
the same way other logging frameworks do. We've provided a simple
System.out logger: SysoLogger.
We've also released some bug fixes to solve PDF reading and parsing
problems, to solve problems with list symbols, to avoid ClassCastExceptions
when reading/manipulating existing OCG layers.
Please be aware of two API changes: the setMoreInfo() method now expects a
Map instead of a HashMap (this shouldn't cause any problems, but you'll
need to recompile your code); the default for setUseAscender and
setUseDescender in PdfPCell has changed to true (which may cause your
tables to look slightly different).

XML Worker 1.0.0: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlworker/

XML Worker is no longer in beta!
This 1.0.0 release fixes plenty of table and list problems that were
reported on http://demo.itextsupport.com/xmlworker/
The internal architecture was changed: we removed "tag listeners" in favor
of "pipelines" that are chained together: parsing HTML, parsing CSS,
creating PDF.
We've added LinkProvider and ImageProvider functionality (similar to what
we had in the old iText HTMLWorker).
Finally, we've also fixed numerous bugs.

We hope you'll enjoy the new functionality and we wish you a smooth
upgrade.
best regards,
the iText team