faisal,

faisal wrote
> I am trying to add watermark image in a digitally signed PDF using
> itextsharp but after adding image Adobe Acrobat says that my signature is
> invalid although I am adding in append mode. I have also checked the
> internal PDF structure after adding image and the signature content is
> intact (have no temper). can someone please guide me what is wrong in my
> code?

Already your implicit assumption taht you can apply a watermark to signed
PDFs is wrong.

A digital signature shall enable anyone to check whether the document was
changed since signing or not. The signer can select a limited set of changes
allowed to the document after his signature, but fundamentally changing the
page content by adding an image never is allowed.

You might want to check the PDF specification
http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf
section 12.8 on digital signatures and, furthermore, the Adobe Technical
White Paper "Adobe Acrobat 9 Digital Signatures, Changes and Improvements"
http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/reader/pdfs/readercomp_digitalsignatures.pdf
section "Allowed and disallowed changes".

Regards,   Michael