On Wed, 15 May 2013 15:56:27 +0200, Mester József <mesterj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have 2 pdf with fillable fields.
> The second pdf has 2 pages and the page one is same as the pdf 1.
> When I get fields from pdf 2 i have got totally different order of
> fields than pdf1 .
> I would like get field from page 1 and after page 2.
> Because of my filler program is made for pdf 1, and don't want totally
> rewrite for 2 pages pdf.
>
> Or how can I read fields from one page only?

There's a method getFieldPositions() that returns an ArrayList of
FieldPosition objects.
See
http://api.itextpdf.com/itext/com/itextpdf/text/pdf/AcroFields.html#getFieldPositions(java.lang.String)
and
http://api.itextpdf.com/itext/com/itextpdf/text/pdf/AcroFields.FieldPosition.html

Why an ArrayList? Because a single field can be present on different pages
at different positions.

What is this FieldPosition about? It contains the page number and the
coordinates of the rectangle where the widget annotation is drawn.

This information can help you answer your question, but I have a more
important question:

why do you think you need to rewrite your program based on the position of
your fields?

iText doesn't care in which order you fill out fields.
If you pass a correct field name, iText will find that field where ever
it's visualized in the document.