Natan Katz schreef op 14/05/2014 10:36:

> Good Morning
>
> For one of the tasks in my organization, I need to take screenshots
> from one of the app stores and both, search and extract potential
> texts in these pictures. Clearly I  have an a prior knowledge  neither
> regarding the images' format nor whether they contain text.
>
> Is there any generic method to extract such text in C# . I have tried
> some of the c# pdf converters but they provide  pictures rather text

I think you are addressing the wrong people with your question.
iText is about creating PDFs, about filling out PDF forms, about
stamping content on PDFs,...
In short: iText is about PDF documents where content usually is
described using vector data.

You are talking about images.
To the human eye, you may think that the image contains text, but seen
from the point of view of a machine, there are only pixels.
What you need to do to convert the pixels into text is a process called
OCR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition

This is off-topic on the iText mailing-list.