From: mkl [mailto:m...@wir-sind-cool.org]
Sent: viernes, 19 de septiembre de 2014 12:00
To: itext-questions@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [iText-questions] [SPAM] Re: Problem After Singning PDF

Aritz,

Aritz_85 wrote
> I have a PDF with 6 empty signature fields, and also it has several
> annotations (links) from a TOC.
>
> The problem is when Adobe renders the signed PDF, I get a warning
> (Annotation Warning) that advices ‘link annot on page 3’.
>
> But it only happens for non-certified signatures [...]
>
> I suppose something is wrong on my original pdf, but I cannot find
> what it is. Do you have an idea about it? I know it is a warning and
> signatures are valid, but for end user it could be strange to have this
> warning.

Adding a second signature to FirstSign.pdf using Adobe Reader instead of your
signing solution, you will find that the Adobe signing result does not make
such a warning show up!

Comparing that second signature made by Adobe with your SecondSign.pdf, you'll
find that the main difference is that

* your signing solution only adds a signature dictionary value and a signature
appearance to the newly signed signature field but

* Adobe Reader additionally adds an appearance stream to the file attachment
annotation on page 44 which did not have one before.

This may indeed explain why Adobe Reader is warning:

The file attachment annotation on page 44 of your NotSigned.pdf does not have
an appearance stream. This is perfectly ok, a PDF viewer is expected to provide
an appropriate appearance.

Then the document is certified with explicit access permissions allowing
annotation creation, deletion, and modification resulting in FirstSign.pdf.
When this document is displayed, the annotation appearance on page 44 is
provided and shown, but due to the explicit permissions that is ok.

Then the document is approved with a signature without any further explicit
permission information, resulting in SecondSign.pdf. When this document is
displayed, the annotation appearance on page 44 is provided and shown; now
Adobe Reader warns about this, probably because there is no information in the
new signature that that signer expects annotation changes to occur.

Thus, your assumption that "something is wrong on my original pdf" does not
hold; your signing process is incomplete!

Admittedly it is incomplete in a manner many signers are with the notable
exceptions of Adobe Reader / Acrobat.

I am not sure why Adobe Reader warns about a link change on page 3 while the
focus actually should be on page 44. Probably this happens because there is a
link on page 3 to page 44...

Regards,   Michael

to the iText book: http://www.itextpdf.com/book/ Please check the keywords list
before you ask for examples: http://itextpdf.com/themes/keywords.php