karine.m,

karine.m wrote
> I am receiving the EI not found error in this specific attached pdf.
>
> I am using itextpdf-5.4.3 jar and below is the code:

I can reproduce the issue with iText 5.4.3 but not with the current
development snapshot. You, therefore, should update your iText version.

EI denotes the end of an inline image. The handling of inline images is
tricky and not strictly well-defined. iText recently improved its handling
of inline images to correctly parse more PDFs with such inline images.

Regards,   Michael