From: Paulo Soares [mailto:pgpsoa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:37 AM
To: Post all your questions about iText here
Subject: Re: [iText-questions] "Missing document root" problem reading PDF

(Please use StackOverflow to post a question. The mailing-list is being
abandoned)

Using what version of iText?
Paulo

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Richard Tallent
<richard.tall...@erm.com<mailto:richard.tall...@erm.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I’m trying to read these three PDF files, and iText comes back with the same
error:

                “The document has no page root (meaning: it's an invalid PDF).”

http://www7.dleg.state.mi.us/orr/Files/AdminCode/1419_2014-090LR_AdminCode.pdf
http://www7.dleg.state.mi.us/orr/Files/AdminCode/1412_2014-083LR_AdminCode.pdf
http://www7.dleg.state.mi.us/orr/Files/AdminCode/1331_2013-058LR_AdminCode.pdf

Chrome’s built-in PDF viewer has no problem pulling them up, nor does Adobe
Reader. I’m currently using iText 5.5.3.0.

The files were apparently created from Word using Acrobat.

Any ideas? Before asking the state regulators to try to save them again, I want
to be sure it’s not just a bug in iText (or something I can otherwise work
around in iText).

Thanks,

--
Richard Tallent
Senior Consultant

2615 Calder, St. 600
Beaumont, TX 77702
Tel: +1 409 833-7755<tel:%2B1%20409%20833-7755>
Mobile: +1 409 781-3128<tel:%2B1%20409%20781-3128>

________________________________

This electronic mail message may contain information which is (a) LEGALLY
PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM
DISCLOSURE, and (b) intended only for the use of the Addressee (s) names
herein. If you are not the Addressee (s), or the person responsible for
delivering this to the Addressee (s), you are hereby notified that reading,
copying, or distributing this message is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail message in error, please contact us immediately at (281)
600-1000 and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from
your computer system. Thank you, Environmental Resources Management.