Thanks John and Ranier.

At least I'm confirmed now I can not update the attributions of IUP
controls in other threads so my previous programming module was definitely
wrong.

So the question becomes how to send the control update event to the main
thread?

It's quite obvious the main thread is stuck in IupMainLoop(). Most events
can be processed in this main thread, like buttons, text, etc. When users
click the button, or inside the text input entry, the IUP generates the
event and it will be processed in IupMainLoop(). However, how an external
thread send the event into the main thread? I can't use message queue or
semaphore because IupMainLoop() takes all the control. Are there some
functions used for inserting IUP events?

Kind regards
Andy