Yes, it is, sort of... Depends what includes in "completely static". :)

  I do this here for the iuptest application. It statically links with IUP,
CD and IM. But it uses GTK and their sub-libraries, also Cairo, from the
system, I mean dynamically linked. Never did a fully static linking, don't
know if it is possible.

Best,
Scuri