Fantastic, this will be very useful.

  > lua packages (which lua though?)

  Lua itself already has distribution packages, one for each Lua version.
It is a lot of work, but this is a first start.

> investigate ubuntu 19.04 (seems to be missing gtk 3 webkit)

  Not missing, the webkitgtk we use is deprecated and removed. We have to
update for the new webkitgtk version to be able to compile the
IupWebBrowser control in the newest Ubuntu. It is on our task list.

  I'm busy with several other tasks now, but as soon as I test it I'll give
you some feedback.

Thanks,
Scuri