On quarta-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2013 22:49:18, olivier nyssen wrote:
> The Tizen Association document is clear: "Tizen applications will run on all
> devices across the Tizen ecosystem". Intel seems to consider OSP as a
> Samsung tool. It was a Samsung tool but now it's a Tizen tool so it's an
> Intel tool. If you don't like it, modify it. What are you going to tell to
> the public ? "OSP is a Samsung tool but IVI is Intel's playground" ?

The Tizen Association document is not authoritative. The Tizen Compliance
document is.

Then again, right now, we do not have a Compliance document for the IVI
profile. So we can't say anything about what kinds of applications are
supported on IVI.

And even if we could, please mind you that IVI is an entirely different beast
when compared to mobile phones. You're not going to get the same types of
applications and my guess is that auto makers will also not allow you to
install just any kind of application anyway (at least, not in the head unit).
Think driver distraction.

Discussing the technology behind the application at this point is, in my
opinion, a moot discussion.