Hi Robert,

I'm copying couple of our Tizen IVI PulseAudio experts to provide you more insight on your question. Also general view on current situation inline.

On 2.4.2014 18:10, robert.fritzs...@daimler.com wrote:
Hi,

I recognised that Tizen uses its own PulseAudio version, e.g.
pa_sink_input_set_volume_ramp in pulsecore is something Tizen specific.

Could someone please let me know about the current status of integrating
changes on PulseAudio back to upstream project?
What we currently have in Tizen is heavily patched PA 4.0 to enable BlueZ 5 support (A2DP+HFP), more advanced ivi specific routing functionality in its own module (pulseaudio-module-murphy-ivi) and a bunch of Tizen specific patches (like volume ramp you mentioned).

Our goal is to keep the delta between upstream and Tizen PulseAudio as small as possible and contribute back to upstream what we see makes sense. Example given quite a lot of discussion has taken place in upstream related to routing module we are using in Tizen IVI. Sometimes it just takes a bit longer to reach consensus on these things. We have pushed other patches we have done in downstream to upstream as well and some of those have been accepted, some still require more discussion. One thing we are planning to propose in near future is upgrading to latest PA 5.0 in Tizen. This will allow us to drop many of BlueZ 5 support patches (A2DP) we currently maintain in downstream. I'm sure we continue to have Tizen patch set on top of upstream PA in future as well but we hope to keep it thin.

If you have questions about specific patches I'm sure Jaska and Tanu can help you with those.

Thanks,
Matti-Pekka