From: Kovacs, Janos [mailto:janos.kov...@intel.com]
Sent: Montag, 16. Juni 2014 15:27
To: Fritzsche, Robert (059); ivi@lists.tizen.org
Subject: RE: PulesAudio IVI module // when register funcbridge it quits with a
segmentation fault

Robert,

after a quick look it appears that pulseaudio-module-murphy-ivi crashes in the
very early phases of the module initialization, before it could read the actual
config file.

>From LUA's perspective just some very basic calls have been called before the
>crash:
    lua_newstate()
    lua_atpanic()
    lua_openlibs()
    lua_newmetatable() <- crash is in this Since Murphy works fine, I start to
suspect that LUA is actually a victim not the cause, eg. someone else messes up
the memory much before LUA.

Two thing could help:
1.) send me your packaging files (either RPM or Debian)
2.) if you had valgrind or similar on the platform you use, pls. check
pulseuadio for memory corruption.

After we got your packaging, we try to compile somewhat similar on x86 and see
whether the same problem occurs here.

regards
-janos-