Hmm, that shouldn't happen ; yes, updating to a more recent snapshot should
solve this. At worst, on your current install, you could try this :

export EGL_DRIVER=dri2
export EGL_PLATFORM=wayland
./run_my_program

Not sure about the 2nd variable and the cases where it is actually read ;
but worth trying. Running the binary from weston-terminal, and not a
regular VT, may also help.