From: Patrick Ohly [mailto:patrick.o...@intel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:18 PM
To: Lv, RuiX
Cc: Tomasz Olszak; kongling; ivi@lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: Question about Incremental build

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 02:22 +0000, Lv, RuiX wrote:
> Hi both,
>
> Tomasz's really got a point.
> When patches exist in spec files, gbs will not apply them
> automatically, developer should apply them to main git tree before using gbs
> incremental build.
>
> Plus, to successfully enable incremental build, %prep section should
> also be as simple as possible (just contains unpack tarball),
> otherwise, `gbs build --incremental` may fail.

Would incremental build work for the orphan packaging model when the
development branch is checked out? It has a .spec file without patch entries
and all the changes are applied to the checked out source.

At the moment not even "--include-all" works; it would be good to check that
"--include-all --incremental" works as part of DEVT-199.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although I am an
employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way represent Intel's
position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of Intel on this
matter.