> Hello list!
>
> While setting up an environment for Qt dev
> in OS X I understood that there is no GBS
> for OS X. Why?
> There are all toolchains shipped with SDK
> but no GBS..
>
> I mean let the OS X does not have MIC.
> But I think GBS can be ported to OS X.
>
> Are there source repos for GBS so that
> one can make a port to OS X?
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Grigory Ptashko
>
> +7 (916) 1489766
> grigory.ptas...@gmail.com
> skype grigory_ptashko
> linkedin.com/in/gptashko
> facebook.com/GrigoryPtashko

I suppose you refer to:
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Build-Qt-for-Tizen#34a33b4515ba08504f07b5c3ab24ff44

Gbs is only used to create cross compiler sysroot. I think that if you
create the sysroot on some linux and copy it to osx it should work.
Also if you want to develop  on OS X you can check if those
instructions work for you:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Developer_Tools

It is work in progress on some helper scripts to build binutils and
cross compiler exactly the same as used by gbs and corresponding to
gbs repository.

In the end however, you need gbs to create installable package. Gbs
uses some custom version of rpmbuild and AFAIK no other package type
is supported currently in ivi.

--
regards,
Tomasz Olszak