On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 11:52 +0200, Leon Anavi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I have built Tizen IVI with Yocto and I noted several issues
> related to the recipes for libmm-common, libmm-log and crosswalk. I have
> posted details at JIRA as well as information about the fixes that I
> applied locally:
> https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/BTY-104

This is the know "bashism" problem mentioned in the release notes for
rev_ivi_2015_02_04 in
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Build_Tizen_with_Yocto_Project#rev_ivi_2015_02_04

      * bashisms in recipes derived from .spec files. If you are on a
        distro with /bin/sh linking to dash instead of bash,
        replace /bin/sh with /bin/bash in
        tizen-distro/bitbake/lib/bb/build.py.

> I am interested in contributing these fixes upstream. Is the following
> guide for contributions up to date and valid for changes related to
> Tizen on Yocto?
>
> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Tizen_IVI

These bashism issues should indeed be better fixed in the .spec files
and not the .inc files derived from them, so this guide applies.

However, it is uncertain whether working with non-bash shell
interpreters is a goal for Tizen; at the moment it is not tested for
consistently, neither in OBS nor in "Tizen on Yocto". So it is unclear
whether maintainers will accept such patches. Worse, such issues may get
re-introduced.

Overall I think it's easier to accept that .inc files depend on bash and
patch build.py in tizen-distro as suggested above.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.