Hi Peter,

On 13.10.2015 17:07, trungthu6...@gmail.com wrote:
Dear Leon,

I like Tizen 3 IVI x86-64 fastboot image. It has all wifi usb, 3G modem driver, CSR bluetooth 4.0...
However, I cannot connect 3G/LTE and wifi using connmanctl and ofonod.
Instructions how to connect to a WiFi using connmanctl are available at Tizen wiki:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/IVI/ConnMan_Tips_%26_Tricks#Built-in_tool:_connmanctl

Connman is included in both Tizen:Common and Tizen IVI as well as in the Yocto recipes for open-ivi-core and open-ivi-hmi.

I like the traditional way to build linux (make menuconfig) rather than bitbake.

The recipes processed by bitbake use the traditional technologies to build the source code. The advantage of Yocto/OE is that it allows platform developers to easily customize and maintain embedded Linux distributions for various hardware devices. Furthermore bitbake builds a whole image in a few easy steps. Based on my experience Yocto/OE is the best tool for this job at the moment.

Do you have full document to configure drivers, modules, kernel mod... by bitbake way?

Yes, of course, please read the official documentation of the Yocto Project:
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/mega-manual/mega-manual.html

I want to build non-graphic image for IoT devices, how can I do?

Use the Tizen distribution for Yocto/OE and build an image without GUI packages such as Wayland, Weston, Crosswalk.

Best regards,
Leon

Thanks much!
Peter Kieu