Estimados contertulios:

Pues sí, cierra la red social dedicada a la biblioteca 2.0 en Ning. Del mensaje de su administrador se puede deducir que es un tema ¿agotado?, o cansino, que dicen los humoristas... La verdad es que, por ejemplo, los twines de library 2.0 y library 3.0 tampoco tienen mucha vida, que se diga...

Me quedo con el comentario "Networks that require you to go to them to use them are a thing of the past"

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto: [Web4lib] Closing Library 2.0 on Ning.
Fecha: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:28:34 -0500
De: Wilfred Drew <dr...@tc3.edu>
Para: lit...@ala.org <lit...@ala.org>, web4...@webjunction.org

Effective Thursday evening, Feb. 25, 2010, I will be closing down Library 2.0 on Ning, http://library20.ning.com . The network has not seen much traffic the last few months and most people requesting to join are posting profiles full of link spam. The return is no longer worth the work. I am not transferring it to anyone else. I want to freeze and archive the contents in some way. Thursday I will be suspending all members of the network. The content will remain but no one will be able to post to it.

...///...

Library 2.0 on Ning has been a big success but it is now time to move on. Networks that require you to go to them to use them are a thing of the past. I have no regrets about what started as a place for me to experiment with Ning and Web 2.0. It grew far beyond my wildest hopes. At one point it got over 50 posts a day but is now getting less than 4 posts a month. I have learned much from it and made many new friends.

See you in Cyberspace on Twitter, Facebook, and other places.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services/Electronic Resources/Serials
Tompkins Cortland Community College

--
"Nunca la bandera arriada"
Ernest Shackleton

Dr. Jesús Tramullas
http://tramullas.com
Dept. Ciencias Documentación // Information Sciences Dep.
Universidad de Zaragoza 50009 Zaragoza (España)

Los archivos de IWETEL pueden ser consultados en: http://listserv.rediris.es/archives/iwetel.html

Responder a