Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:38:59 -0800, /Srdjan Djuricic/:

My issue is when parsing a XSAttributeGroupDefinition and encountering a XSAttributeUse I don't know how to identify whether that attributeUse is obtained from another attributeGroup or not.

As far as I can tell you can't determine what you want using the Xerces XSModel API, but I don't think it is designed to parse an XML Schema in such detail. It implements the abstract model defined in the XML Schema Structures specification and is primarily intended for use of validation, i.e. it is read-only and light-weight. I think you need another API like the Eclipse XSD model [1] to analyze (and possibly modify) the source XML Schema document(s) in greater detail.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/?project=xsd

--
Stanimir