I have some XML like:

                <OtherRecord2000>
                        <AccountNumber>R000239125</AccountNumber>
                        <SaleOfDeclineCompany/>
                        <CustomerReferral>Y</CustomerReferral>
                        <CustomerReferralCode>07</CustomerReferralCode>
                        <CustomerReferralAction>10</CustomerReferralAction>
                        <DeclineReasonCode>D3</DeclineReasonCode>
                        <DeclineDate>12092006</DeclineDate>
                        <PendReasonCode/>
                        <CancelReasonCode/>
                        <NTUReasonCode/>
                        <RepaymentMethod>DD</RepaymentMethod>
                        <PaymentMethod>BA</PaymentMethod>
                        <EmploymentStatus>E</EmploymentStatus>

<ContraAccountNumber1>0000000088230347</ContraAccountNumber1>
                        <ContraAccountNumber2/>
                        <ContraAccountNumber3/>
                        <ContraAccountNumber4/>
                        <ContraAccountNumber5/>
                </OtherRecord2000>

When the SAX parser parses this XML on Windows XP, Sun JDK 1.5.0_11, a
character event is generated inbetween the start and end element events for
ContraAccountNumber2 (and 3,4,5). The character events contains only CR+LF
but I don't expect this event here!!

I'm using Xerces-J 2.7.1. I had a quick search of the archives and JIRA but
didn't find anything similar. Has anyone seen anything like this before? The
other thing is that this behaviour doesn't occur on my machine just on 2 of
my colleagues machines which makes me think Xerces isn't to blame but I've
searched and searched for the solution to this problem in vain :(