The information in the Manifest shows you have the right jar on the
disc. But do you have the same jar when you launch your JVM ?

Please see :
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-general.html#faq-1

With the same classpath as your process execute cmd
'java org.apache.xerces.impl.Version'

The expected output is one line which looks like

"Xerces-J 2.8.1"

(Wihout the quotes)

HTH
-Prashant