Hello,

I'm currently implementing an XML parser (using xerces-j 2.9.0) that
examines any related DTDs in order to define proposals for default attribute
values.  Currently,  it is working for most cases except when the ATTLIST
provides a default value containing values like "&", """, etc.
What seems to be happening is that the XMLDTDScannerImpl, when making a call
to XMLScanner#scanAttributeValue, converts the "&"  into "&" despite
having defined the type as CDATA.  Please see my example DTD at the bottom.

Is there any way to preserve this content?

Thank you,
Nick

My example DTD is:
<!ELEMENT main (#PCDATA | next)* >
<!ELEMENT next (#PCDATA) >
<!ATTLIST next type CDATA  '&quot;application/voicexml+xml&quot;'>