Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is an Xerces issue so forgive me if it is not.

I believe that an abstract element with and xsi:type of a concrete class should mean that the element is concrete. Unfortunately I am getting a validator message that contradicts this.

I've produced an XML (GML) document which I validate with Java 1.5's SchemaFactory for a junit test case. The test case fails and declares:

The value of {abstract} in the element declaration for 'ns1:AbstractTimeSlice' must be false.

Here's the xml:

 <AbstractTimeSlice xsi:type="ns:JourneyStatusType" ns1:id="a1">

Here are my Java details:

java version "1.5.0_13"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13- b05-237)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_13-119, mixed mode, sharing)

I'm also running on Mac OS X (10.5.3) and from what I've read, Xerces is the default validator for my environment (hence the posting to this forum!).

Thanks for any help and/or guidance.

Cheers,
-C