Andrew Welch <andrew.j.we...@gmail.com> wrote on 23/04/2012 03:33:23 PM:

> From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.we...@gmail.com>
> To: j-users@xerces.apache.org,
> Date: 23/04/2012 03:33 PM
> Subject: Re: How do I load an XSD 1.1 Schema using the XSloader?
>
> On 23 April 2012 19:31, David Glaser <dgla...@acmepacket.com> wrote:
> > I tried to load an XSD conforming to Version 1.1 using the
QueryXS.java
> > sample and it refuses to load an XSD containing a single “assert”
element.

> > I used the getRecognizedVersions()  method of the
XSImplementationobject to
> > determine what versions are supported and it reports “1.0”.
> >

> > T then tried to create a new string list that has “1.0” and “1.1” and
then
> > passed the string list to the createXSLoader method.  It threw an
exception
> > saying
> >

> > “FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED: The parameter 1.1 is recognized but the
requested
> > value cannot be set”.
> >

> > So, how do I get an XSLoader that will load a 1.1 xsd?
>
> Are you sure you've got the 2.11 version that supports xsd 1.1 ?
> There are 2 versions of 2.11.0, one that supports xsd 1.0, and one
> that supports xsd 1.1.

Support for the XML Schema 1.1 component model [1] isn't complete. The
intent was to only support the JAXP Validation API [2] initially, so would
be surprised if you can find a way to get the XSLoader to accept an XML
Schema document with XML Schema 1.1 language features. Certainly something
I'd like to see working in the future but it's not ready for prime time
yet.

> --
> Andrew Welch
> http://andrewjwelch.com