Hi Karthik,

I suspect the behavioural difference you're seeing has something to do
with improving round-tripping of whitespace characters. However, I'm not
sure what assistance you're asking for here. If you're using what is
supplied by WAS then you're not using an Apache Xerces release and even if
you were, serializer.jar comes from Xalan.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab