Dnia 24-10-2007, Śr o godzinie 07:41 +0200, emmanuel giraud pisze:
> > I have a question about a way to implement of clustering  in
> jabberd2.
> > Why don't we use  software open source that run clusters?
> > It may be stupid but what's your opinion?
> > Why do you developp another solutions made by others?
> > http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/

Few reasons:
- jabberd 2 daemons are single-threaded and will not distribute over
mosix and alike clusters
- in case of one cluster component crash we want others to take over,
not crash also on every cluster node
- jabberd 2 processes may grow large and would generate very heavy
synchronization load, that would effectively jeopardize the gain
- we do not want process-level clustering overhead (see previous point)

--
  /\_./o__ Tomasz Sterna
 (/^/(_^^'  Xiaoka.com