Hello there.

I have deployed a server at mastahizm.pl with jabberd-2.1.19 as server
and I use as my client tkabber-0.10.1-beta2.

c2s' configuration: starttls compression, auth: traditional/digest +
sasl/digest-md5, for ssl also traditional/plain + sasl/plain
sm's id is mastahizm.pl
tkabber uses starttls, then sasl for connection (using external tclsasl-1.0)

Situation 1: jabberd2 compiled with
./configure --with-zlib=/usr --enable-sqlite --enable-mysql \\
    --enable-sasl=cyrus --enable-debug --enable-ssl \\
    --prefix=/home/srv/jabberd/bin
tkabber connects, starts tls, starts auth (digest-md5), succeds (then
binding and xmpp).

Situation 2:  jabberd2 compiled with
./configure --with-zlib=/usr --enable-sqlite --enable-mysql \\
    --enable-sasl=gsasl --enable-debug --enable-ssl \\
    --prefix=/home/srv/jabberd/bin
tkabber connects, starts tls, starts auth (digest-md5), fails
(malformed-request) and connection is over.

tkabber sasles well with ejabberd, so I don't think it is client's
mistake, surely not server's since `deprecated` cyrus works fine.
Maybe either sasl lib used (tclsasl, gnusasl).
Can you tell me (or direct) where lies the problem?

-----
made by Tomasz Sieprawski aka DeSnajpa_V
www http://mastahizm.pl
xmpp [EMAIL PROTECTED]
xmpp [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]