Hi Keith,

I did some investigations on this topic last year. As far as I see it is
not possible without rewriting the sm-component to pass some iq-stanzas
to its clients.

My approach was to write a component that binds to a dummy-domain and
simulates a c2s-connection (e.g. the component starts a session in the
designated domain) and then acts like a normal jabber-client.
I managed it to do the session-stuff, but it seems that the sm does not
pass IQ-stanzas to the bare JID (without ressource) to its clients, so
techniques like Service-Discovery - which much heavily depends on - are
not possible.

Kind regards,

Bernd

--