From: Tomasz Sterna
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2016 4:30 PM
To: jabberd2@lists.xiaoka.com
Reply To: jabberd2@lists.xiaoka.com
Subject: Re: Future of jabberd

W dniu 30.05.2016, pon o godzinie 12∶50 -0700, użytkownik
li...@lazygranch.com napisał:
> Do you really have to cache something in jabberd when the data can be
> pulled from the sql database? Sure the data has changed. But if you
> pull a fresh record each time, I don't see the issue.

Unfortunately RDBMs are notorious to be a choking point.
You just cannot fetch data over and over again and expect reasonable
preformance. This is the reason for raise of memcached, redis etc.

Also, see: https://metajack.wordpress.com/2008/08/26/choosing-an-xmpp-server/

--
/o__
(_<^' I must follow the people. Am I not their leader? -Benjamin Disraeli