I'm trying to serialize a JSON object that represents a conversation tree.
Here's the POJO:

class Node {
    @JsonProperty("children") private List<Node> children;
    @JsonProperty("text") private String text;}

Eventually the tree ends with a Node with an empty list of children.

The problem is: serializing a deep tree (say, 50 nodes deep) causes a
StackOverflowError on Android devices using the Dalvik runtime since it
only has a 32kb stack size.

Is there any way to avoid using recursion in Jackson? Is there a more
efficient way to represent my POJO? Will migrating to Jackson Jr. help
solve my problems? I'm using Jackson 2.7.5.