Foo is an interface, with several varied concrete classes.  I do not have
type information imbedded in the objects, but based on the key of the map,
I can tell you the concrete type.

Do, I have something like this in json:

{
  "id" : "12",
  "elements" : {
    "alpha" : {
      "host" : "google.com",
      "port" : 1717
    },
    "manager" : {
      "first_name": "Fred",
      "last_name": "Smith",
      "age": 19
    }
  }
}

So, I know that "alpha" should be class Alpha, and "manager" is of type
Person

I thought I might be able to use ContextualDeserializer, but when I
define custom deserializer with ContextualDeserializer, createContextual()
is called the property is "elements", not "alpha" or "manager".  Is there
some way in the deserializer I can identify to tell if I'm deserializing
"alpha", or "manager" ?