To be completely honest I don't think you can easily modify components
to do that, since pieces (FromXmlParser) are constructed by others.
Your best bet may be to pre-process content. But beyond that, how
would and should data be mapped?
JsonNode does not work that well with XML content (it is not
officially supported although does work for some cases), so ideally
result would be a POJO. But how would separate text (cdata) segments
be bound?

-+ Tatu +-