On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:41 AM, David Rodriguez Gonzalez
<davidrg131...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to serialize into XML this:
>
> public class Box<T> {
>
>     private T boxed;
> }
>
> with the next specific class type:
>
> public class Person {
>     // fields
> }
>
> but I get the next xml:
>
> <box>
>     <boxed>...</boxed>
> </box>
>
> instead of:
>
> <box>
>     <person>....</person>
> </box>
>

> any ideas? Is there any annotations I could use to pick the generic type
> root name instead of the property name?

No; properties are not named based on types, but only on names of
property or annotations.
So you would have to use `@JsonProperty` (or `@JacksonXmlProperty`)
annotation to change the name used.

One exception there is would be use of polymorphic types
(@JsonTypeInfo), where it is possible to actually use
type id as key (with `As.WRAPPER_OBJECT`).

-+ Tatu +-