I was going through some critical sections of my code to look for potential
problems for the eventual upgrade to Jackson 3.
One thing that popped out was the usage of JsonParser#getCodec which no
longer exists.

Is there any sort of replacement for it, in the sense of getting a hold of
ObjectMapper from inside the custom deserializer?
I'm fully aware this is not a good thing to do in general, but my library
contains a custom deserializer that delegates the actual
deserialization work to the framework-provided facility that in some
advanced cases requires access to ObjectMapper.