The below example code describes my situation. I need to add the type
information to the serialization of a class. I have other classes that
extend this interface but that should not matter.

I included a zip of the example code that I have for producing the error.
What I get is

Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonGenerationException: Can not
start an object, expecting field name (context: Object)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.core.JsonGenerator._reportError(
JsonGenerator.java:1961)
    at
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.JsonGeneratorImpl._reportCantWriteValueExpectName(
JsonGeneratorImpl.java:244)
    at
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.JsonGeneratorImpl._verifyPrettyValueWrite(
JsonGeneratorImpl.java:234)
    at
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.WriterBasedJsonGenerator._verifyValueWrite(
WriterBasedJsonGenerator.java:846)
    at
com.fasterxml.jackson.core.json.WriterBasedJsonGenerator.writeStartObject(
WriterBasedJsonGenerator.java:260)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.BeanSerializer.serialize(
BeanSerializer.java:151)

I am failing to find or discover what the error really is and why it is
trying to write a filed that I didn't specify as.