On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 3:19 PM Penny Wells <penny.wells1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We use jackson-databind 2.9.7 but cannot upgrade to 2.9.8 due to the
> CVE-2018-19362.
> I do see a bugfix applied into github for 2.9.8 but can't be sure as the CVE
> does not have this information.
> Can someon confirm for us that this CVE (CVE-2018-19362) is fixed in the
> latest jackson-databind 2.9.8 ?
> thanks, Penny, Oracle Corp.

I am bit hurt by your distrust of actual developers' information, as
opposed to some CVE tracker somewhere that has little idea of what
goes into which release :-o

But, yes, fix to that CVE is in 2.9.8, as per official Release Notes:

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson/wiki/Jackson-Release-2.9.8

and linked to Github issue

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-databind/issues/2186

which are canonical definitions of where fixes go.

-+ Tatu +-

ps. Pox on security scan tools and their makers who make money by
essential spreading FUD and misinformation.