On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:18 PM Davide Pallaoro
<davide.palla...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I wite you because I am having some issue with maven and jackson-core-asl
> dependency, and I hope you can help me.
>

> Since this morning (15/4/2019) we are having problems in our CI because of
> the following error :
>

> Failed to collect dependencies at
> org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-core-asl:jar:[1.9.13,1.9.13]: No versions
> available for org.codehaus.jackson:jackson-core-asl:jar:[1.9.13,1.9.13]
> within specified range -> [Help 1]
>

> As long as it was happening in a big maven project, I’ve created the
> following mini pom.xml in order to figure out what was happening.
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
>          xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd";>
>     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>     <groupId>com.davide</groupId>
>     <artifactId>davide-test</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>     <name>my-app</name>
>     <dependencies>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.codehaus.jackson</groupId>
>             <artifactId>jackson-core-asl</artifactId>
>             <version>[1.9.13]</version>
>         </dependency>
>     </dependencies>
> </project>
>

> If you run mvn clean install against the previous pom , you will receive the
> aftermentioned error.
>

> I am using the following maven configuration
>
> $ mvn -version
> Apache Maven 3.5.3 (3383c37e1f9e9b3bc3df5050c29c8aff9f295297;
> 2018-02-24T20:49:05+01:00)
> Maven home: /home/davide.pallaoro/.sdkman/candidates/maven/current
> Java version: 1.8.0_171, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8.0.171-oracle/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux", version: "3.10.0-957.10.1.el7.x86_64", arch: "amd64",
> family: "unix"
>

> And I have no custom configuration in $HOME/.m2/settings.xml The file doe not
> exist in my machine, so I am using the pulic repos without any proxy
>

> But if you change the version from [1.9.13] to 1.9.13 or to [1.9.9] and run
> mvn clean install this will work correctly.
>

> So it works when version is :
>
> 1.9.13
>
> 1.9.12
>
> 1.9.11
>
> [1.9.11]
>
> 1.9.10
>
> [1.9.10]
>
> 1.9.9
>
> [1.9.9]
>

> And it dos not work when version is :
>
> [1.9.13]
>
> [1.9.12]
>

> It seems that this problem started on Monday, because on Friday we did not
> have those build problems and the project which I am working did not change
> in the last days.
>

> Do you know if something has changed in the last few days about Jackson

No -- I have not done anything wrt these versions in years -- 1.9.13
was released 6 years ago. I don't even have working mechanism for
releasing new 1.9.x versions.

My only guess is that either Sonatype's Maven Central has changed
something, or, perhaps someone has released differently built version
on one of other bigger Maven repos, since:

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.codehaus.jackson/jackson-mapper-asl

lists 8 other repos that might be accessed, depending on settings you
have for build.

> Many thanks for reading this and for your help, let me know in case you need
> any clarification.

Unfortunately I don't really have good suggestions to give. Maybe
others can think of something.

-+ Tatu +-