On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 9:18 PM Navish Sharma
<navishsharma1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While serializing an object containing Double or BigDecimal values, is there
> a option to control the precision while serializing? I understand that the
> setters within the object can be a good option to control the rounding off
> logic, but in a case where the setters cannot be used for embedding the
> rounding off logic, can this be handled within the NumberSerializer which can
> be enchanced to support the rounding off.

There is currently no support, although you could register custom
serializer for these types, and then use
`JsonGenerator.writeNumber(String)` to write specifically formatted
version instead of JDK default representation.

There has been some discussion on supporting something like this with
`@JsonFormat` (and there may even be a github issue for
`jackson-databind` actually...), but the main question is that of
which format presentation to use.

-+ Tatu +-