On 01/07/2019 15:57, Tatu Saloranta wrote:
> If anyone is aware of retro-weaver style tools that can take jars with
> newer declared bytecode version and convert to older, that'd be great,
> sharing most appreciated.

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe Retrolambda can convert Java 8
bytecode to run on a Java 6 JVM, as long as the code only depends on the
Java 6 standard library (which can be checked by including Animal
Sniffer in your build process).

https://github.com/luontola/retrolambda

https://www.mojohaus.org/animal-sniffer/

Cheers,