On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 4:03 PM Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com> wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2019, at 7:52, Tatu Saloranta wrote:
>
> In
> your case, then, I think it's just matter of registering key
> serializers along with value serializers.
>
> That works a treat! Cheers - saves me recursing thru the data structure
> manually remapping keys to strings :)

Good!

This is one of more confusing parts of Jackson, and if I was to
redesigns things from scratch, would probably make it easier to
support both value and Map key handling from same implementations
(there are some limitations to key part as JSON requires keys to be
Strings always, can't do structured values etc), so that
out-of-the-box support was wider, and custom handlers easier.

But at least once you know how things work support is just little bit more work.

-+ Tatu +-