So: since it looks like:

(a) there are many issues filed against Java 8 date/time module (lots
of interest)
(b) I am struggling to keep up with issues everywhere
(c) Many of java 8 date/time issues might be relatively easy to solve
(but obviously still need focus)

I went ahead and added labels to all issues. I also created new label
"easy" to indicate issues that I think anyone, including new
contributors, could make meaningful progress on -- not necessarily fix
(although that'd be ideal :) ), but figure out what the problem is
(or, in some cases, if problem has been resolved or can not be
reproduced), add more information, perhaps add a test case to help
others to fix the problem.

So: if anyone has been thinking of dipping their feet in OSS
development, maybe this project:

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-modules-java8/issues

would be good place to start.

-+ Tatu +-

ps. If I find other projects with similar opportunities, will try to
do the same, add an update. Also: if you think there's a better label
than "easy" to use, let me know.