On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:57 AM Tatu Saloranta <t...@fasterxml.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 9:20 AM Mileta Cekovic <mceko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, seems JDK 9+ Illegal Reflective access by ClassUtil is still present in
> > Jackson 2.10.1
> > Namely I got this with JDK 11.0.5, Jackson 2.10.1 then trying to serialize
> > LocalDate to JSON using jackson-datatype-jsr310
> >
> > WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
> > WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
> > com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.util.ClassUtil
> > (file:/C:/Users/mcekovic/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/com.fasterxml.jackson.core/jackson-databind/2.10.1/18eee15ffc662d27538d5b6ee84e4c92c0a9d03e/jackson-databind-2.10.1.jar)
> >  to field java.time.LocalDate.year
> > WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
> > com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.util.ClassUtil
> > WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
> > reflective access operations
> > WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
>
> The problem here is that this gives no clue as to where and how access
> was triggered.
> If code path leading to it was known I could see if this could be
> avoided -- I am quite confident that in case of this class,
> introspection is not needed since there is explicit serializer -- but
> without something like stack trace, it is not possible to really trace
> back unfortunately.
>
> So if anyone has good ideas on how to tease out some more information,
> I would be happy to have a look at if and how to avoid triggering this
> warning.

Looks like there are some command-line switches:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49076972/how-can-i-throw-an-exception-for-an-illegal-reflective-access-warning

where:

"--illegal-access=deny will cause the expected IllegalAccessException
or InaccessibleObjectException to be thrown. If you just want the
stack traces then --illegal-access=debug is what you are looking for.
"

would seem helpful in particular...

-+ Tatu +-