I am using Atlassian's swagger-request-validator-restassured library that
pulls in Jackson core, databind, datafromat-yaml and datatype-jdk versions
2.9 and dataformat-cbor version 2.6.7. The library is essentially validate
a given REST request against an OpenApi/Swagger schema (yaml). A part of
that is validating the path parameters in the request url. To do this, the
request validator's SchemaValidator class is invoked which in turn invokes
the Json.mapper().readTree(value) method from the
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind package. In my case, my value is the
UUID 4aea209d-9055-45f0-90f6-081fa7348943. I expected the readTree() method
to be handle this just but instead I end up with the following error....

[image: error1.PNG]

I debugged and followed the error through to line 4030 of the
_readTreeAndCLose(JsonParser p0) but I am not sure why this is happening. I
have verified that the UUID I have is a valid UUID and I do not seem to get
the error with other UUIDs such 00000000-0000-0000-000000000000. Any
insights into whether this a valid error or whether it is a defect would be
appreciated.