RFC 8259 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8259> is *The JavaScript Object
Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format*. It obsoletes RFC 7159
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159>, which in turn obsoletes RFC 4627
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4627>. I believe 4627 was the original JSON
specification.

I care because my server uses Jackson to parse and generate JSON. Some
customers have asked about support for the more recent JSON RFCs. In
particular, I've been asked about this change from
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7159#appendix-A:

   o  Changed the definition of "JSON text" so that it can be any JSON
      value, removing the constraint that it be an object or array.

Thanks,

Michael Scalia