Ok here is something that I think would be of interest to many of you:
there is a new report  covering recently completed security audit of
Jackson core components by AdaLogics, under OSTIF effort:

https://ostif.org/our-audits-of-jackson-core-and-jackson-databind-are-complete/

report itself being found under main Jackson repo, linked to from main
README.md as well as SECURITY.md:

https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson/blob/master/docs/AdaLogics-Security-Audit-Jackson-2022.pdf

I know that a stream of CVEs reported against Jackson has been
frustrating for everybody, myself included. But one big reason that I
haven't talked about (due to things being in-progress) for increase
has been this effort, which has systematically searched for various
edge conditions. And while I don't always (... or often maybe :) )
agree with severity assignments, or even sometimes true vulnerability,
I think it is great that we get everything -- even somewhat
hypothetical issues -- reported and can fix them, just to be safe.

Put another way: we have made big progress resolving all kinds of
issues that many libraries have, but that are not (yet!) known.
Security and safety are big concerns for the project, similar to how
they are big concerns for many users (especially bigger corporations).
So this research is useful especially for the long term.

Anyway; I think the report is worth reading for anyone interested in
Java library security and challenges in general, or Jackson security
aspects in particular.

-+ Tatu +-

ps. Jackson 2.14.0 to be released over upcoming weekend! Please send
us any concerns wrt 2.14.0-rc3.