On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 4:16:49 AM UTC+1 vocov...@gmail.com wrote:

I've tried to download a zip of the JaCoCo source code from Github.

FWIW I'm unable to reproduce the issue - execution of the following succeeds

cd /tmp
wget "https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/archive/refs/tags/v0.8.10.zip";
unzip v0.8.10.zip
cd jacoco-0.8.10
mvn verify

and execution of the following succeeds as well

cd /tmp
wget "https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/archive/refs/heads/master.zip";
unzip master.zip
cd jacoco-master
mvn verify

When I tried to build the source, the buildnumber-maven-plugin generated
the buildNumber as '00000' which in fact caused the groovy code to fail in
org.jacoco.build/pom.xml.

Moreover groovy code was removed from org.jacoco.build/pom.xml
six years ago
by
https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/commit/63d375fd66e2def046241b13d2b7775eb4d73a32
which probably explains why I can't reproduce.

Using the git client it seems to be fine.