On 25.03.19 14:18, Andrej Utz wrote:
Greetings Jailhouse developers,

I am trying to run Jailhouse on AMD Ryzen 2700X (x86_64) with B450 chipset and
got into some problems.

After whitelisting some I/O ports and putting "amd_iommu=off mce=off" I managed
to enable Jailhouse, but instantly lost some USB ports (keyboard being one of
them). After some retries I noticed this happens only 80 % of the time and it
seems that some interrupts are never acknowledged and keep blocking the USB hub.

A typical pattern if the interrupt controller (IOAPIC or even APIC) is directly
accesses by the guest. Or of the MSI-X page of a PCI device is passed through.
Double-check if none of the resources is guest-assigned. Jailhouse needs to
intercept them.

This probably also happens after creating and starting tiny-demo.cell: network
on Ethernet becomes unresponsive. The IP stack still works, but receives no
packets whatsoever. Coincidentally Ethernet interrupts are handled by CPU2 on
which tiny-demo.cell starts. This buggy behaviour can be mitigated by setting
Ethernet IRQ affinities to another CPU before cell start. Also destroying said
cell doesn't bring CPU2 back online.

Linux version: 4.19.15-rt11-1-rt-lts-jailhouse+ SMP PREEMPT RT (from
github/siemens/linux)
HyperThreading: disabled in BIOS

As AMD hasn't been tested thoroughly in a while, we may also have a SVM-specific
issue or regression. Maybe something that is related to this rather new CPU
which didn't trigger when testing back than on older models. That would be more
hairy to find.

Jan