On 07.08.20 05:06, peng....@nxp.com wrote:
> From: Peng Fan <peng....@nxp.com>
>
> This patchset is to support boot jailhouse before Linux.
> The previous RFC patchset:
> https://groups.google.com/g/jailhouse-dev/c/IZEFz-e2lh4/m/BBmGI_spIQAJ
>
> Patch 1~6 is to create an new folder libbaremetal to hold
> files that could shared between inmates and new bootloader.
>
> Patch 9 is the central part to boot jailhouse with a baremetal
> bootloader, which only support ARM64 + GIC_V3 now. It will use
> psci to power up secondary cores, do GIC_V3 dist initialization,
> Then kick inmate cell.
>
> Images/cells loading is done by U-Boot bootm command to boot a fit image.
>
> Patch 10 is to support using jailhouse userspace tool even boot jailhouse
> before linux, just do as "insmod jailhouse.ko early_loader=1", then
> it will bypass fw loading and etc, but setup information for linux usage.

I'm missing the big picture description here:
 - how is the memory structure that the boot loader needs to set up?
 - how is the handover between loader and root linux?
 - how are things configured?

>From a first glance at the code, it seems a lot of things are still
hard-coded, likely imx8-specific. That may mean we need to work on the
user story further.

Also, a qemu-arm64 target would be good.

Jan